How to Create a subdomain
It’s not necessary to buy a new domain when you just want to experiment on something or making a website without harming the live website.
You can just create a subdomain and play around with it. It’s really simple as 1 2 3.
Before starting let’s understand what is a subdomain?
A subdomain is one kind of a second website, with its separate design and contents. The name of the subdomain will be just adding another name before the main domain name. something like your domain name is https://skmoni.com and I created a subdomain called https://skmoni.com. So here is the subdomain is the extensions or extra name that is pointed to a whole new site.
Let’s jump into it. How to Create a subdomain from Cpanel/hosting, you can follow these steps:
1. Login to your hosting account. Either it is GoDaddy, Hostgator, Namecheap, a2shosting or anything.
2. Then log in to Cpanel. If you haven’t go hosting, then directly login to your Cpanel
3. In Cpanel search of an option called Subdomains. Click on it
4. Here you’ll see “Create a Subdomain”. Just below that on the subdomain for you can input your subdomain name
5. Leave the Domain as it is. Because it’s the domain which under the subdomain Is creating.
6. Document Root. When you write the subdomain name you’ll see it will appear automatically a URL. This is the URL of your subdomain.
7. Click on create and you’re done.
You can check your subdomain when you click again to the subdomains tabs from Cpanel.
Why creating a subdomain is really important?
Sometimes big companies located their brand names with subdomains. Some website adds a whole new design for their blog page, forums, events and so on. Other needs are you can create a whole new website before publishing it to the main domain. Really Cool huh! 😉
Are you able to create a subdomain after reading this article? Please reply with the comment. I’ll be really happy to answer you.